Stop commercial development in our national parks.
Canada’s beloved Banff and Jasper National Parks are plagued by commercial development proposals put forth by private interests that want to exploit our country’s most cherished public parks. Together, these developments pose a serious threat to the wildlife and wilderness our parks are intended to protect.
Learn more about these development threats.
These proposals are being crafted behind closed doors, with no public input until late in the Parks Canada approval process, and with public opposition largely ignored.
This has to change. Our national parks belong to all Canadians and our input deserves to be heard.
Sign the petition!
Canada’s new federal government has committed to limiting development in our national parks. Now they need to hear that this issue is important to Canadians, and that decisions are needed now to stop developments in Banff and Jasper.
Our goal is to ensure that there is no increase in the development footprint in Banff and Jasper, and that Parks Canada returns to open, transparent decision making in our national parks.
You can help! Join 8,000+ of your fellow Canadians in signing the Fight for your Parks petition.
We are requesting these specific outcomes:
- A reversal of the rushed approval of Lake Louise Ski Resort’s massive expansion;
- A commitment that legally protected wilderness in our national parks will stay that way forever;
- No change to the existing development and population caps for the Town of Banff;
- Upholding Jasper’s park management plan by rejecting commercial accommodation at Maligne Lake;
- Renewed focus on the National Parks Act’s requirement to prioritize ecological integrity, including by re-investing in science-based park management.